JOURNEYMAN/WOMAN TRUCK TRAILER MECHANIC TECHNICIAN (HEAVY-DUTY)
National Tank Services (a division of Trimac Transportation) is looking for a Journeyman Mechanic in Port Colborne, ON. We value hard work, perseverance, and dedication and looking for people looking to grow! We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and a pension program.
Development Plan and Flexibility:
As a National Tank Services Mechanic, you'll have unprecedented flexibility you've never had before by moving through our mechanic developmental plan. Your hard work and experience are reflected in your pay as you move through our dynamic positions.
About the Position:
- Trailer repair- PM's, electrical work, brakes, suspension & product pump rebuild
- Tractor repair- PM's electrical work, brakes, suspension, engine diagnostics, general running repairs & PTO
- Basic tools required for the position
- Licensed 310 T Technician, ODP card, Diagnostic experience
- Day shift, 7 AM start time, 8 hours per day. The shop is open Mon-Friday 24 hrs
- Journeyman wage $30.00 per hour based on 40 hours per week,
- Maintain equipment in a professional manner
- Follow policies & procedures
- Work safely, using directed PPE
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion as to the Standard Repair Time Guidelines
- Maintain fleet equipment
- Drive and Shunt equipment
- Complete Apprenticeship Training Highway Truck and/or Trailer
- Operation of hand tools
- Operation of air tools
- Strong and reliable work ethic
- Positive attitude and job performance
- Extended health benefits
- Pension plan
- Tool allowance
- Boot allowance
- Apprenticeship Subsidy Program
- Valid Class 1 Driver License - preferred but not required
- Training to obtain Journeyman “Red Seal” status
- May work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 15 pounds or less and in confined spaces
- Must meet physical requirements of the position and have mobility, vision, hearing, and sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties performed.
- May stand and walk on level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb stairs, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Must be willing and able to work at heights up to 15 feet
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Registered with the Ontario College of Trades
Trimac Safety Commitment
- We make Safety a part of every decision
- We make Safety personal
- We have the courage to intervene
Trimac Transportation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to employment equity. We value a diverse workforce and are committed to hiring practices that are fair and equitable.