thinkBright Homes Ltd. is a small construction company specializing in green, energy efficient custom homes and renovations in and around Invermere, BC. Together with our exceptional crew, we are busy building houses that are capturing province-wide attention for our cost-effective approach to energy efficiency and a lighter footprint on the planet. We build homes from start to finish, so you will apply and learn skills in all areas of high performance building. Check us out at www.thinkbright.ca
We are looking for a journeyman carpenter with leadership skills who can take direction, work independently, and supervise a site crew that may include apprentices and/or labourers.
The successful candidate must:
- have at least 3 years post-apprenticeship work experience in residential construction;
- have a valid drivers’ license and reliable vehicle;
- be able to communicate via phone, email, and/or text during regular working hours;
- have a keen interest in green building technology and practices;
- be physically capable of regular construction duties such as:
- working on elevated structures
- lifting and carrying 50+ pounds
- have proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Have proven capacity to work independently;
- have site supervision experience;
- are familiar with the BC Step Code.
Wages commensurate with experience and will be a living wage for the region. We offer an excellent health benefits and insurance package.
If you are a kick-ass, outdoors-lovin’, eco-friendly, hardworking Journeyman Carpenter, please send your resume and 1-page cover letter, along with 2 references.
This position will remain open until we find the right candidate.