Goodfood (TSX : FOOD) is a leading online grocery service in Canada, delivering fresh meal solutions that make it easy for members from coast to coast to enjoy delicious meals at home every week.
Goodfood’s mission is to make the impossible come true, from farm to kitchen, by enabling members to do their weekly meal planning and grocery shopping in minutes.
Goodfood members get access to a unique selection of products online as well as exclusive pricing made possible by its world-class direct-to-consumer fulfillment eco-system.
Goodfood currently has more than 300,000 active subscribers and over 3800 dedicated and passionate employees across Canada.
Over the past year, Goodfood has transformed itself from a provider of ready-to-cook meals delivered directly to consumers’ homes into an Online Grocery company with a growing line of Private Label products.
As part of this continued growth, we are looking to add a talented and motivated Senior Manager, Business Operations to our Grocery Experience team who will play a key role in shaping the way Canadians from coast-to-coast experience their online food shopping on a regular basis.
Reporting to the Director Grocery Experience, the Senior Manager, Business Operations will work cross-functionally across multiple teams within the Private Label group, and will have oversight over two functional areas.
First, over the Private Label product development lifecycle, where responsibilities will range from optimizing the product pipeline to make it as rapid as possible while maintaining quality in areas such as delivery-first’ packaging to tracking the launch rate metrics and removing bottlenecks.
Second, over Strategy and Planning, where responsibilities will range from financial performance analysis over the live product portfolio, providing insight analysis on emerging verticals to drive decision making, strategy, and tactics, and support operational support into forecasting and demand planning models.
The ideal candidate will be a great data storyteller with a strong analytical mindset, enterprise thinking, and have the proven ability to quickly grasp an unstructured situation with on occasion imperfect data, drive insights from both the quantitative and qualitative information available, and present results and recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Be the glue that brings together the various parts of our product pipeline and the oil that makes it run smoothly by working closely with Category Managers and Business Development Managers to ensure they are providing pipeline team with all the necessary information, while maintaining speed and quality in our product pipeline
- Engage with Operations partners to ensure we are taking practicalities into account, and with Culinary team to ensure every product passes the taste test when we launch new products
- Collaborate with Tech and Marketing partners to optimize the user experience online, and ensure we are upholding Goodfood brand values
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure that there is a common understanding of revenue and costs and that reporting processes are smooth and simple
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including Category, to provide data-driven insights on current portfolio to help inform and build merchandising strategies, drive decision making, execute and launch campaigns, and provide analytical hindsight for future planning
- Lead and aid in the development of operational dashboards to track customer satisfaction and quality metrics, inventory levels, and building out robust demand forecasting models, by considering the hyper growth nature of the business and surfacing insights against which action can be taken
- Service as voice of customer, identify common customer challenges and actively suggest solutions and monitors and measures outcome
- Understand our member needs inside out and constantly be designing with the member experience at heart, thinking about what truly resonates with them and creates a frictionless experience
- Coach your team to become experts in thinking about how to create the optimal grocery experience for their respective focus area
- Understand the unit economics and operational dependencies of our business and ensure that we launch products in a retail format that is optimized for this
- 7-10 years experience, ideally in a role that has given you exposure to managing an operations and analytical team, thinking about the product pipeline, customer experience, packaging, and online commerce
- Ability to lead, manage, motivate, and build a team. Lead by example with optimism, passion, and initiative. Know when to delegate and when to lean in and lean out
- Strong business acumen, with ability to put data in the context of a customer problem and know where to look when exposed to large amounts of data.
- A data storyteller, proficient at pulling insights out of data and visually organizing data to readily answer business problems
- Entrepreneurial mindset with can-do, problem-solving attitude. Previous experience building, growing, and incubating a team a major asset
- Willing to get your hands dirty - be just as comfortable getting into the details of a spreadsheet as you are about stepping back and thinking about the broader strategic direction
- Great team player with strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Exceptional communication, stakeholder management, and organizational skills
- Previous experience in Digital, Ecommerce, Retail, Consulting or Supply Chain domains an asset
- Bilingualism (English & French) is an asset
Our team strives to give our members a world class customer experience. We believe in being ambassadors of the brand to make the impossible come true from the farm to table! What we have to offer our employees :
Competitive Group Insurance
Personal No Questions asked days
Annual bonus program
Annual fitness credit
Employee stock option program
Employee STM program & more