Are you dreaming of working with a growing company with room for advancement? Are you seeking a stable opportunity with a company that treats you like family?
If you answered yes, our Cambridge terminal is looking for you!!
Pay Rate: To be discussed
Shift: 1:00pm - 10:00pm Monday to Friday
*Flexible per business need
What is in it for you?
- Safety orientated team
- Annual Survey to receive your valued feedback
- Safety Boot reimbursement
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
- Paid weekly - Every Friday
- Offered a competitive stating salary
- Extended Benefits for you (and your family)
- Eligible for Corporate discounts with several retailers and sports centers
- RRSP employee contribution & employer contribution
- Yearly Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
- Managing and supervising warehouse employees (Drivers, Forklift Operators, Sorters, Markers, Office staff and Brokers)
- Ensuring availability and proper positioning of all Dicom Drivers and Brokers
- Validating and preparing daily production reports for Senior Management
- Validate and report daily working hours for all employees
- Responsible for efficient operation of the warehouse equipment and operation
- Implementing preventive measures relating to package handling
- Cross train employees for transition purposes
- Operational problem-solving
- Ensuring proper warehouse maintenance by employees
- Meeting with employees regarding hiring or disciplinary measures
- Checking and responding to operational emails
- Attending meetings with the Director and Vice President
- Meeting candidates interviewing for open positions
- Calculating productivity
- Justifying Misdirect parcel errors
- Validating and preparing production reports
- Meeting with Office and Dock staff
- Ensure trailers are loaded and departed on time, with a focus on load maximization
- Confirming reweigh and re-cube meet company expectations
- Verifying scanning compliance
- Communicates daily with Senior Director International Operations and the Vice President of Ontario
- Communicates directly with Office Staff, Sorters, Markers and Forklift Operators
- Maintains a line of communication with all staff
- As needed, communicates with Drivers
- As needed, communicates with employment agencies
- Occasionally communicates with Dispatchers in other terminals
- Communicates with Quality Control personnel
- Communicates with the HR Department
- University or College degree
- Training in freight handling
- Must have impeccable knowledge of inbound and outbound truck/trailer operations
- Transportation warehouse experience
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good knowledge for Microsoft Excel
- Supervisory/Leading experience
- Flexible work schedule
- 70% of the time working in a standing position in the warehouse
- 30% of the time working with a computer
- Comfortable working in various weather conditions ie: extreme cold/heat
GLS Logistics Systems Canada Ltd. (GLS Canada), previously known as Dicom, meets the needs of business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) customers through parcel, freight and logistics services in Canada. The company was originally founded in Quebec in 1968 and was acquired by General Logistics Systems B.V. (GLS) in August 2018. The GLS Group is recognized as one of the leading parcel service providers in Europe with one of the largest ground-based transportation networks covering 40 countries.
While the Dicom name will always be a part of our history, we are now building our future as GLS Canada. This is an exciting time as the company is undergoing its transition, which will bring forward many opportunities for both our customers and our employees!
Our employees are motivated, passionate and have the desire to perform. We are constantly expanding and looking for individuals who are ready to grow within our evolving organization.
GLS Canada has an Equal Access to Employment Program and invites women, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note that GLS Canada is subscribed to a pay equity in employment. Only Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted