The position of Line Mechanic is responsible to oversee performance of the line, execution of runtime PM and basic downtime PMs, changeover on basic equipment; troubleshoot minor stops and follow the maintenance guidelines work safety, high quality and efficiency goals, with minimal down time.
· Assist in helping the production line run safely, meeting the highest quality and attainment goals.
· Anticipate, prepare for and carry out change overs in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
· Perform all systematic maintenance to the production line; daily, weekly, monthly.
· Function as the Job Trainer in all changeover areas of production
· Identify & communicate underlying problems, determining root cause.
· Suggest & participate in cost-saving ideas, increased efficiency and maintenance projects, helping put approved solutions in place.
· Help ensure a clean workplace is maintained, in accordance with 5S methodology and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
· Able to obtain & maintain all required safety training
Good mechanical ability
Thorough troubleshooting skills
A high level of attention to detail
Great communication practices
Previous experience in a similar position preferred
High School Diploma
As the leading manufacturer of specialty aerosol products, the PLZ Aeroscience family formulates, blends, fills and packages more than 2,500 brand and private label products, including industrial solvents, lubricants and degreasers, adhesives, sanitary supply disinfectants, insecticides, cleaners, polishes and air fresheners and personal care products. The PLZ Aeroscience family of companies specializes in manufacturing and packaging a comprehensive line of contract fill, brand and private label aerosol products. Each PLZ Aeroscience business unit is a success story in itself, strong name recognition and brand identities in the industry.