Durose Manufacturing Ltd, A leader and progressive manufacturer of fabricated Steel products, is seeking a First Class Steel Fitter for their facility in Guelph.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Must be able to Manage large custom projects with minimal supervision.
- Interpret engineered drawings to fabricate a variety of custom structures.
- Must have experience in the fabrication process of large structures
- Must have experience working safely with all standard tooling and machinery in the fabrication industry.
- Must possess a high standard of quality in workmanship and be able to fit to tight tolerances.
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Completion of High School/High School Diploma or equivalent
- CWB Certification and or Trade Certification
- Must have minimum 7 years fitting experience
- Must be an Advanced level fitter
- Set up and Perform SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, air carbon arc gouging etc.
- Must have knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within the welding industry
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawing specifications, structural drawings and welding symbols
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Certified Forklift/Crane Operator would be an asset
- Practise safe work procedures and follow all health & safety regulations
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Durose’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of our hiring process
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.