Ashton Service Group is growing! We are currently hiring a full-time permanent Lead Residential HVAC Installation Technician to join our growing Residential team located in Richmond, B.C.!
Ashton Service Group, located on 140-4631 Shell Road, Richmond, BC is a leading provider of plumbing and HVAC services. Our professional technicians work throughout the Lower Mainland providing plumbing, heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and mechanical system service and maintenance.
A few quick facts about Ashton Service Group:
- We are a family business proudly serving Metro Vancouver for 30+ years.
- Our Residential Team services homes throughout the Lower Mainland, completing around 10,000 service calls and 600 installations per year.
- We are proud to have worked for notable companies and several municipal governments including the City of Vancouver, City of Richmond, Cadillac Fairview, Westbank, and Wynford Properties.
To learn more about who we are and our story, please visit: https://youtu.be/0YzThE0Vuwc
Qualifications & Requirements
- Completion of secondary school and training courses, including welding courses, is preferred. Examples include:
- Confined Space
- Boom Lift
- Scissor Lift
- Fall Protection
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Canada’s Ozone Layer Protection Awareness Program for HVAC and Refrigeration
- 3 years plus of work experience working with HVAC systems. Applicant must be able to install mini-split units, furnaces, AC’s, heat pumps, tankless water heaters
- Applicant must have a proven track record of leading installation crews
- Sheet metal fabrication and welding
- Must be proficient at bending pipe
- Complete knowledge of all tools, equipment, and materials needed to perform service on refrigeration and all codes governing those services
- Class 5 license with a clean driving record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English
- Ability to draw diagrams, read blueprints and other technical literature
Job duties & responsibilities
- Lead teams of 2 to install furnaces, AC’s, heat pumps, geothermal units, tankless water heaters, on strict deadlines
- Use of manometer, amp meter, combustion analyzer, soldering, propress machine, Wirsbo tools, pipe threaders, pipe benders(internal and external), Vacuum pump.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, or other specifications
- Measure and layout reference points for installation
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components such as motors, controls, gauges, valves, circulating pumps, condensers, humidifiers, evaporators, and compressors using hand and power tools
- Measure and cut piping, and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Install, troubleshoot, and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration, and air conditioning systems
- Startup systems and test for leaks using testing devices
- Recharge system with refrigerant, check, and test regulators, calibrate the system, and perform routine maintenance or servicing
- Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation, or heat pump systems
- Supply quotes/estimates to clients
This position pays $35 per hour based on experience and on a 40-hours work week.
Benefits include 2-weeks of paid vacation to start, incentive and bonus plan, extended health and dental benefits coverage, group RRSP, opportunities for advancement, and many other company-provided perks and benefits!