LP Building Products is a leading global manufacturer of engineered wood products. At LP, creating new solutions for building is who we are. Since we pioneered our first engineered wood product, we’ve been continually creating better products to fit the changing needs of the building industry.
LP’s values-driven, positive culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe, ethical, fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more than 40 years, we’ve developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry.
To manage and coordinate all mechanical, electrical, process control and instrumentation work in a manufacturing facility. Develop, manage and lead preventive and predictive maintenance programs and inventory tracking procedures.
- Ensure safety of all employees and contractors working in operating unit or department by driving continuous improvement towards a true safety culture. This includes supporting all corporate safety programs; developing SOP’s, identifying and eliminating hazards, and enforcing all safety rules.
- Ensure compliance with all standards and programs (safety, environmental, quality, maintenance and manufacturing policies and procedures) within area of responsibility.
- Lead staff development in: hiring practices, orientation, training, and evaluating & guiding performance.
- Forecast, develop, and manage the maintenance budget.
- Work cooperatively with other departments to meet plant objectives, diagnose complex equipment problems, meet plant goals and manage department budget.
- Develop and lead preventative/predictive maintenance, including working with Hydraulics, Electrical, Instrumentation, Process Control, Pneumatic, Power Transmissions, Welding, and Fabrication, vibration analysis, balancing, alignment, oil analysis and NDT.
- Manage and oversee parts and maintenance programs and inventory.
- Assist in developing plans for engineering improvements.
- Initiate & lead in process improvement, cost reduction and capital project programs.
- Work closely with vendors, regulatory agencies, corporate engineering and project managers to accomplish plant goals and objectives.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, and motivational skills.
- Knowledge of company products, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of plant equipment, operations, predictive/preventative maintenance and CMMS systems and effective project management practices.
- Knowledge of current management and supervisory techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of plant equipment.
- Demonstrated organizational, budgeting and computer skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair machinery through the use of blue prints, P&ID schematics and root/cause failure analysis.
- Ability to manage and direct the capital and EOM plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical, or related field.
- 7+ years’ directly related maintenance management experience.
- Demonstrated experience supervising a large group of employees.
- Demonstrated experience working with Hydraulics, Electrical, Pneumatic, Power Transmission, Welding, and Fabrication.
- Or any combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Plant & office environment. Exposure to machinery, electrical sources, dust, chemicals, & loud noise.
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare benefits, 401(k) program, career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, profit sharing and more.