Responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for overall production and maintenance operations in accordance with the vision and values of the corporation. Manage and coordinate all electrical and mechanical work in the facility. Give clear direction to drive the facility to meet all standards, policies & regulations for the safe, environmentally compliant production of a quality product. Ensure development and execution of the annual operating plan/budget and all continuous improvement initiatives and assume plant manager responsibilities as needed.
- Ensure safety of all employees and contractors working in operating unit or department by driving continuous improvement towards a true safety culture. This includes supporting all corporate safety programs; developing SOP’s, identifying and eliminating hazards, and enforcing all safety rules.
- Ensure compliance with all standards and programs (safety, environmental, quality, maintenance and manufacturing policies and procedures) within area of responsibility.
- Responsible for manufacturing and maintenance operations through subordinate supervisors.
- Lead, plan and participate in process improvement, cost reductions and continuous improvement projects as part of the site business plan.
- Direct daily production and maintenance operations and systems to ensure production meets delivery schedules.
- Develop and lead preventative/predictive maintenance, including working with Hydraulics, Electrical, Instrumentation, Process Control, Pneumatic, Power Transmissions, Welding, and Fabrication, vibration analysis, balancing, alignment, oil analysis and NDT.
- Assist and participate with interviewing, selection and orientation process, has significant responsibility for the hiring process from recommendation to hiring and promotions.
- Ensure and maintain established customer focus for employees, effectively maintain positive relationships with key strategic external and internal customers/suppliers.
- Responsible for staff training, performance management/development, setting daily work schedules. Provide coaching and counseling on performance feedback, up to initiating and assisting with corrective action.
- Manage production and maintenance department budget and participate in forecasting activities to ensure sales targets are met and mill efficiencies are maintained.
- Ensure equipment supplies and mill facilities are in appropriate working condition to meet business needs.
- Prepare timely reports for distribution to internal customers; maintain accurate records and files.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Maintain thorough knowledge of mill process and equipment, have workable knowledge of industry technological developments and best practices.
- Thorough knowledge of company product, policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of effective and efficient production and manufacturing methods.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated skills or knowledge of managerial and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated skills or knowledge of budgeting and financial analysis skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
- Ability to operate a computer and supporting software packages.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively implement change.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and lead teams.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict.
- Associates' degree in Business, Manufacturing, Production or related field.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ demonstrated manufacturing supervisory experience.
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Plant environment.
- Some travel (10%)
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare benefits, career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, profit sharing and more.