Full-Time Position (Shift Work May Be Required – Days/Evenings)
Start Date to Follow Selection Process
Interpaving Limited is a privately held company which specializes in a diverse range of work in Civil Infrastructure including: road & pipe construction, aggregate production, concrete production, and hot mix asphalt production, equipment rentals, and construction management. Here at Interpaving Limited, we offer steady employment with a competitive compensation package based on experience.
Our growing team continuously seeks hard working and talented individuals who will have a positive impact to the construction community. We are currently seeking to have a Licensed Mechanic / Truck & Coach join our team.
Join our team and take part in building something you will be proud of.
The successful candidate must possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below.
- A minimum of three (3) year of directly related experience
- Education: Other trades certificate or technical diploma
- Certification as a Master Medium/Heavy Truck Mechanic
- Strong Understanding in:
- Diesel Engines
- Diesel Fuel Injection Systems
- Computerized Truck and Bus System Management
- Truck Steering, Suspension, Brake, & Transmission Systems
- Hydraulic Systems
- Electrical and Electronic systems
- Ability to use tools and equipment required to perform the work (e.g. hand and power tools, etc.)
- Ability to handle the weight handling of mass up to 45kg (100lbs)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System and best practices within areas of responsibility.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's licence, have an acceptable driving record.
- Installs or repairs heavy equipment and components.
- Perform inspections to ensure vehicles perform safely and extend the longevity of these vehicles.
- Maintain organized and safe work area, shop tools and service vans
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of Interpaving Limited Health & Safety Policy Program.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you in Greater Sudbury, ON?