Installation Labourer and Service Technician
Nerva Energy Group Inc.
Nerva Energy Group, located in Stoney Creek, Ontario, is looking for full-time Installation and HVAC Service Technicians to join our growing company.
Nerva specializes in delivering unique property technology solutions to create high-performance, smart buildings.
As an Installation and or HVAC Service Technician, you will be responsible for serving Nerva’s customers by installing and servicing systems and technologies, while remaining aligned with the strategy, commitments, and goals of the company.
- Visually inspect, identify and troubleshoot commercial HVAC equipment and systems issues..
- Inspection of existing ductwork, repair and prepare for the aerosolized sealing process.
- Program, commission and operate the aerosolized Duct Sealing machine.
- Participate in project commissioning and quality assurance activities.
- Sheet metal work, and low voltage wiring.
- Present to project manager reports on progress as well as problems and solutions.
- Liaise with building operators, maintenance staff, and other contractors to ensure alignment.
- Suggest and implement changes when necessary to meet project outputs.
- Organize material as needed for projects.
- Maintains assigned tools and equipment in good operating condition - follow instructions, troubleshooting, malfunctions, maintaining supply levels, performing regular maintenance, and scheduling needed repairs.
- Documents installation and service activities by completing forms, reports, logs, and records in paper form and through tracking software.
- A positive attitude, showing up on time, and being respectful to others is mandatory.
- Team-player, work well with and support fellow technicians in the field.
- Understand project scopes, goals, and deliverables; not afraid to ask questions.
- Follow direction by understanding tasks and required resources to implement projects.
- Provide independent effort where required to accomplish goals on-time.
- Communicate effectively with project managers on deliverables and labor efforts.
- Maintain a high level of customer confidentiality.
- Follow all Health & Safety, Environmental, ESA, TSSA, Building Code, and other applicable regulations.
- Post-secondary education is considered an asset.
- Trade-related education is considered an asset.
- Sheet Metal, HVAC controls, and electrical wiring (preferred - minimum 2 years).
- Commercial and/or industrial buildings (minimum 3 years).
- HVAC systems (minimum 3 years).
Job Type: Full-time
- $23 - $30 per hour (depends on experience).
- Overtime after 44 hours is at 1.5 times the hourly rate.
- Out of town or overnight shifts are at 1.25 times the hourly rate.
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Travel is required.
- Drivers license in good standing.
- Have your own vehicle.