- Represent Arctic Heating and Cooling in a professional, courteous and customer service-oriented manner on each and every call.
- Install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for both commercial and residential customers. Diagnose and repair of electronic mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
- Be available to work weekends, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs of customers.
- Maintain good working order of company vehicle including; refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues. Vehicles should be washed on a regular basis.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in vehicle.
- Understand company pricing and appropriately generate customer invoice at job site. Obtain customer signature at completion of job. Obtain correct customer information including email address.
- Document all installed equipment upon arrival; make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
- Record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time and materials expended on work orders.
- Recommend, develop, and perform preventive and general maintenance procedures such as; cleaning, power-washing and vacuuming equipment, oiling parts, and changing filters.
- Assist with other work in coordination with repair and maintenance teams.
- Diagnosis diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacture’s recommendations, and fully explain to customer what the issue is and what is needed to correct the issue.
- Participate in company provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies.
- Identify and report to owner, potential opportunities for additional business (newer system, service contracts, and additional services).
- Two to five years’ experience in installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and correcting diverse HVAC service issues, would be an asset.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail, with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both in written and verbal communications.
- Excellent customer skills.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first time.
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position. Ex. occasional lifting of 25 kg up to shoulder height, frequent bending, occasional squatting/kneeling, working at heights, working inside and outside in all types of weather within environments that can be dusty and/or slippery.
- Must be willing to wear company provided uniform.
- This position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed.
Qualifications and Education
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a Gas Technician 2 or 3 license.
- Certificate of qualification (C of Q) as an Air Conditioning Mechanic 313D or 313A.
- Must have a valid Ozone Depletion Prevention (ODP) Certificate.
- Must have a valid Working at Heights Certificate. (willing to obtain)
- Must have minimum of 2 years HVAC service/water heater service experience.
- Valid Class G Driver’s License
- Clean Criminal Background Check
- Lift up to 50 pounds, be able to push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with additional manpower or appropriate devices), carry ladders, work from heights, and in small crawl spaces.
- Observe all company procedures and safety rules.
- Maintain accurate time records and send to payroll when required.
- Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction.
Wages: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour
Group Benefits Available - Drug, Dental, Vision, Extended Health, Life Insurance, AD & D for employee and their dependents. Signing bonus after 3 months.
We provide all employees with hand sanitizer, gloves and masks to keep them safe during this Covid-19 pandemic.