- Represent Arctic Heating and Cooling in a professional, courteous and customer service-oriented manner on each and every call.
- Install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for both commercial and residential customers.
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to the customer.
- Maintain good working order of company vehicle including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues. Vehicles should be washed on a regular basis.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in vehicle.
- Obtain customer signature at completion of installation job.
- Document all installed equipment upon arrival; make, model, serial number, and pictures as necessary.
- Record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time and materials expended on work orders.
- Assist with other work in coordination with repair and maintenance teams.
- Participate in company provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies.
- Identify and report to owner, potential opportunities for additional business (newer system, service contracts, and additional services).
- Five to seven years experience in installation in the HVAC industry would be an asset.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both in written and verbal communications.
- Excellent customer skills.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first time.
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position Ex. occasional lifting of 25 kg up to shoulder height, frequent bending, occasional squatting/kneeling, working at heights, working inside and outside in all types of weather within environments that can be dust and/or slippery.
- Must be willing to wear company provided uniform.
- This position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed.
Qualifications and Education
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
- A Gas Technician 2 would be an asset.
- Certificate of qualification (C of Q) as an Air Conditioning Mechanic 313D or 313A.
- Sheet metal license would be an asset.
- Must have a valid Working at Heights Certificate. (or willing to obtain)
- Valid Class G Driver’s License
- Clean Criminal Background Check
- Must be able to pass a drug test(s) as required by Arctic Heating and Cooling.
- Lift up to 50 pounds, be able to push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with additional manpower or appropriate devices), carry ladders, work from heights, and in small crawl spaces.
- Observe all company procedures and safety rules.
- Maintain accurate time records and send to payroll as required.
- Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction.
Pay Scale: $20.00 - $30.00 based on experience.
Available to start immediately.
Group Benefits Available - Drug, Dental, Vision, Extended Health, Life Insurance, AD & D for employee and their dependents. Signing bonus after 3 months.
We provide all employees with hand sanitizer, gloves and masks to keep them safe during this Covid-19 pandemic.