We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
The Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible to provide supervision and direction to mill maintenance personnel and external maintenance contractors to work in a safe and productive manner to maximize quality and production while minimizing production and maintenance costs and unscheduled downtime.
Your primary Responsibilities will include the following:
- Working closely with Operating and Maintenance personnel, the Maintenance Supervisor will schedule and supervise maintenance and capital work, and participate in the development and implementation of programs to ensure equipment availability meets or exceeds established maintenance related targets.
- Utilize the Maintenance & Supply Chain Best Practices in conjunction with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for processing work orders, purchase requisitions, weekly schedules, PM's, and updating the equipment database;
- The successful candidate will participate in the development of the capital and maintenance budgets to establish and ensure objectives are achieved.
- The successful candidate will be required to ensure compliance to internal and external policies, procedures and regulations with respect to the Health and Safety of the maintenance crews.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
- Candidates must have a Mechanical Engineering Degree or diploma or a red seal trade coupled with at least 3 years of work experience within an industrial manufacturing facility.
- The ideal candidate would possess an excellent maintenance knowledge of a pulp and paper or other industrial manufacturing facility.
- Candidates must have previous experience supervising unionized trades.
- Candidates must be able to legally work in Canada and be currently residing in Canada at the time of applying for this position.
Your skills and assets:
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, including an ability to work collaboratively within a fast paced and structured environment
- Good communication skills with excellent strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities that meet short and long-term objectives; uses organized and efficient work methods;
- Proficient analytical skills required as well as a strong background in MS Office and a CMMS preferably SAP.
- The ideal candidate will possess the drive and passion to continuously improve upon the health and safety, efficiency, production, planning and manufacturing cost and maintenance cost targets for the site.
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.