The Instrument Mechanic is an integral member of the Maintenance department and is responsible for the installation, maintenance, repair, calibration and programming measurement and control instruments that are used in the pulp and paper industry. Hourly rate: $41.76.
The successful applicant will possess the knowledge and the hands-on experience in all areas of computerized control, programmable logic controllers and distributed control systems.
As part of the maintenance team, you will:
- Live up to the highest level of safety and environmental compliance. This means demonstrating the courage to care — which includes being fully accountable for one’s actions, watching out for fellow employees, and confronting unsafe actions or conditions that could lead to personal harm
- Enjoy the environment and camaraderie of working in a team of Journeyman trades people
- Establish and implement preventative & operational maintenance activities
- Support manufacturing operations to locate and diagnose defects in paper/pulp production equipment
- Perform incidental tasks as required to complete the larger task
- Work in a flexible trades environment where you may perform tasks historically assigned to other classifications
- Support our drive for enhanced performance and improved quality and efficiency
A self-starter and dedicated team player, you have:
- A BC, AB or Inter-Provincial Instrumentation and Control Technician (Instrument Mechanic) trades qualification
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Superior interpersonal and coaching capabilities
- The ability to work flexibly
- A valid driver’s license
Short-listed candidates will be asked to provide proof of credentials.
Relocation assistance is provided for successful applicants moving to our communities.