Howe Sound Pulp and Paper is currently looking for a Manager/Steam Chief for our Power and Recovery department. Howe Sound Pulp and Paper Corporation is one of the most progressive Kraft, Pulp manufacturers in the world, leading industry in product quality, efficiency and environmental protection. On the heels of a $6 million dollar upgrade of our evaporators, we have now completed a $36 million fluidized bed upgrade to our power boiler to enhance energy and generate clean power. We are now one of the largest independent producers of renewable electricity in BC
- Responsible for the safe operation of the Power & Recovery department in accordance with the Power Engineers Act and Regulations for the Act and applicable provincial regulations.
- Ensure personnel adhere to safety protocol and practices
- Ensures all pressure vessel repairs, alterations, installations, and operations are in compliance with the Department of Labour and Tech Safety BC Regulations.
- Responsible and accountable under the Power Engineers Boiler and Pressure Vessels Technical Safety Act to ensure the operation and maintenance of all equipment covered by the Act, conforms to the Act.
- Plans, coordinates and leads maintenance shutdown activities in the Power & Recovery Department, to ensure the shutdown is well planned and executed and start-up is safe and on schedule.
- Ensures operators have the knowledge, experience and current procedures required to operate the plant in a safe and efficient manner.
- Optimize manufacturing processes and recommend equipment and process improvements to achieve manufacturing objectives.
- Ensure that operations comply with environmental regulations
- Participate in the daily, weekly and long term planning processes to ensure the department is maintained in a reliable manner and in compliance with all regulations.
- This position requires a First Class Power Engineer Certificate and a minimum 10 years of industry experience.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable legislated regulations
- Solid technical skills combined with excellent project management and strategic skills
- Experience in a Unionized environment is an asset
- Demonstrated high standards of integrity combined with a track record of excellence in performance